Saturday, December 24, 2011

Nelson Atkins Museum, Kansas City


By itself seems better than it's sisters in NY at the retrospective.


Liking seeing this Pollock in the real Benton-- ville.

Another great Kline.


Definately in the running.


And they are onto Porter though took down the Katz and Freilicher they had up.


Hamada I like.


Stanley Whitney's painting is stunning.



And Elizabeth and Susan.








I'm recently interested in the look that Balthus seems to have taken into himself.


Van Gogh loved these drawings and tied to make them his own.


A great Tiepelo.


And Veronese.


And recently learned of these Persian heads.


Which I like with these Egyptian things which they keep in low light.



Another Hamada



Benton's best.



Just a nice surprise, I love them. I think Asian Art like this just keeps influencing everything very heavily. What's more Modern?



No comments:

Post a Comment